The Campaign for Santa Teresita will fund nine charming, cottage-like homes that include independent living, assisted living, and skilled nursing. Expanding the current facility from 278,000 square feet to 495,000 square feet will increase the number of beds from 116 to 314. The design of the buildings will match the style and feel of Pasadena’s Craftsman-style homes, and each cottage will be uniquely different. The two-story assisted living cottage accommodates 22-28 persons and features a living room, kitchen and dining area, den, outside patio and private, personalized bedrooms and bathrooms.
Amenities of our Neighborhood of Care will include:
- Beautiful Chapel where Mass is held daily
- Wellness Center
- Senior University and Gerontology Learning Center
- Madonna Hall Community Center
- Internships and externships in pastoral care and nursing
- Intergenerational program with children from onsite Hayden Child Care
- Town Center with bistro, soda shop and more
- Unparalleled care provided by devoted Carmelite Sisters and staff
All new structures are designed to meet Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification, which will ensure sustainable and green friendly design for the Neighborhood of Care and quality of life at Santa Teresita. Our first cottage, the Good Shepherd Cottage, was recently awarded the LEED Silver Award based on the standards set forth by the U.S. Green Building Council.